Monday 4 February 2013

Awesome Collaborations (2)




STAY – Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko
So, I’m not a HUGE Rihanna fan. In fact, most of the time she annoys me with her predictable lyrics and rather revealing outfits but this single was a pleasant surprise. I was… sort of blown away by Stay. I never expected such a ‘big’ song from Rihanna and less music and more emphasis on her vocals really made this special.


DON’T YOU WORRY CHILD – Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin
I didn’t really care much for the news that Swedish House Mafia were splitting up because I’d never really followed their music or bought their albums. I’d only ever heard their other single with Tinie Tempah (Miami 2 Ibiza) which I guess was a good club track. But this one with John Martin is brilliant! I love the lyrics and the music and I love John Martin’s voice!


TROUBLEMAKER – Olly Murs ft. Flo Rida
This song is really light-hearted, kind of upbeat and it cheers you up without really having any deep meaning. It’s fun, I guess, and the video’s pretty good too. In fact, most of Olly Murs’ videos are… well, sort of PG, if you get what I mean. They’re fun and not completely swamped by female dancers. Anyway, the Flo Rida part just adds another element to the whole song and I guess I mainly like the tune. It’s catchy and, without meaning to, you somehow remember all the lyrics.


MY LIFE – 50 Cent ft. Eminem & Adam Levine
Well, I was incredibly excited about this single. I used to be a pretty big Eminem fan and I still like hearing his songs when they come up on the radio every so often. I liked My Life because somehow all three voices and styles just fit together. I was never a big 50 Cent fan but I couldn’t help enjoying this. To be honest my favourite part is the chorus but I still enjoy the rest of it too. The most annoying part is when you watch it on the TV and they bleep out all the swearing… it just ruins the song!

So, I know this last one isn’t collaboration but I love it anyway!

CLOWN – Emeli Sande
Emeli Sande is definitely the biggest breakthrough act of the last year. She has an amazing voice; you hardly even need the music to carry it. I loved Heaven, Next to Me and Read All About It but Beneath Your Beautiful didn’t do much for me. Clown, however, is AMAZING. It’s so pure and raw and it seems so heartfelt… every time I hear it, it makes me go all goose-bump-y! 

No comments:

Post a Comment