Wednesday 6 February 2013

Outnumbered = OVERRATED



Outnumbered is the absolute worst attempt at a comedy show that I have EVER had the misfortune to watch. I think it’s meant to be a funny take on family life but it is downright rubbish. And when I say rubbish, I MEAN rubbish; as in worse than Citizen Khan rubbish.

Why do I hate it so much?

Well, there are a number of reasons;
1)      The little girl who’s meant to be inquisitive and cute, quite simply cannot act. She’s making all these remarks that would be adorable and funny if they came out of a REAL little girl’s mouth but from her, they just sound so impossibly fake and rehearsed. And she puts on a squeaky voice which just adds to the whole crap-ness. And she doesn’t even look that small. She’s too old for the role!
2)      And then we come to the girl’s brother, the boy who I’ve only ever seen before in Just William. Now, when I saw him in Just William, he was OK. He was bearable because that was made a couple of years before and he could pass for a messy, annoying little kid. But now he’s big and totally OTT and no boy in the history of the world can possibly be as annoying as him. And I know that annoying is probably meant to convert into amusing when it gets out of hand but… it sort of doesn’t. It just stays annoying until you realise there’s no good reason why you should waste your time with BBC1 anymore.
3)      The teenage kid is way too OTT. When he isn’t calling his father an idiot, or a prat, he’s complaining about his phone battery and it’s just like… STEREOTYPE. I don’t know who made this show, but they need to get out of their boxy studio office, away from the news headlines, and learn what a real family is actually like because I have never seen anything so far off the mark.
4)      It’s described as ‘Award Winning’. I would never (not in a million gazillion years) give this pile of steaming horse poop an award. Like an award would EVER justify the amount of money wasted on this charade.
5)      The mother is also really REALLY annoying. She’s just too dumb. No real mother is like that. I know it’s supposed to be comedy and everything but it helps when there’s at least some element of reality included.
So, to conclude:
The Big Bang Theory, Friends, 2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother and Miranda (and many more) are FUNNY.
Outnumbered is NOT FUNNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment