Tuesday 12 August 2014

The Script, Twin Atlantic and Exams Are Over!



I’m so sorry that I haven’t been updating my blog. I always intend to write something, even something short but I never quite get round to it. I was thinking I should do another ‘Awesome Collaborations’ but to be honest, 2014 hasn’t been a great year for music. Well, apart from Sam Smith. And THE SCRIPT’S NEW ALBUM! Who knew, huh? ‘No Sound Without Silence’ is the name, and if it’s all as good as the first single ‘Superheroes’, this bad boy’s gonna be flying off the shelves. I love The Script but recently I’ve been thinking ‘Eh, they’re not all that!’ but this new single… my god, it’s fantastic! I keep telling myself not to over listen to it, because I do that with songs and then get sick of them. It happened with ‘Counting Stars’. Anyway. Love it! Everyone buy it! This should be number one! Love that Mark has a solo too! It’s a real feel-good song, inspirational too, like ‘Hall of Fame’ but even better IMHO. Sudden idea – The Script and OneRepublic should do a collaboration! I would dedicate an entire blog post to that! :) Really though – they toured together and I think it would sound pretty good. How could it not sound good? Ryan Tedder’s a damn genius, right?!

So the point of this post was to tell everyone that… I PASSED MY FINAL EXAM! Yes, I am now an ACCA Affiliate and I just have to submit my Practical Experience Records and fill in a form and I will be a Chartered Certified Accountant! WOO HOO! I don’t think I’ve ever felt happier. The last few years have been pretty hard. I guess writing helped me out a lot and I’m so glad I discovered some of the sites I did because I’ve met some lovely people who have inspired me daily. I’m just really, really happy! Literally, I can deal with people being mean, because all the hard work has finally paid off.

Anyway, so I made a cake to celebrate. It was pretty awesome. And if you think it wasn’t, hey, I’m not Buddy Valastro, people! Normal cake mix, (butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour, bit of milk), bake it. Cut it in half. Apricot jam. Flip the top back on. Melt some dark chocolate. Smother it on (literally). Sprinkle with chopped almonds. EAT. Awesomeness. 



So what else has been happening? Well, I fell in love with my second favourite Scottish rockers: Twin Atlantic. (The first being Biffy Clyro). I totally love Twin Atlantic’s ‘Heart and Soul’, and ‘Brothers and Sisters’ is fantastic. They are REALLY good songs. I love it when a band I never really liked releases a new album which is a totally different style to their old stuff. That’s what Twin Atlantic have done. I love Sam McTrusty’s gorgeous accent and their choruses are so catchy now! It happened last year with Fall Out Boy too. I’d never really liked those guys but then they had ‘Alone Together’ and ‘Young Volcanoes’ and ‘My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark’ and ‘The Phoenix’…. All amazing songs and so much better (in my humble opinion) than all their other stuff. I mean, I became a fan for that album alone. 

Until next time!

#prayforgaza


No comments:

Post a Comment